Tag Archives: senses

On Hearing Voices… Coping with the Unknown

On Hearing Voices, a conversation with Dr. Jeffrey Mishlove

Across the decades of experiencing high strangeness and other worlds there has been a consistency of communication for me. I’ve caught a lot of grief over the notion of hearing things many don’t, but it hasn’t impeded the acknowledgement within that I do. After some conversation about the direction of our interviews, based on the pseudo-autobiography Stubbing My TOE on Purpose, Jeffrey felt a discussion on hearing voices would be something that could assist and even support others in similar conundrums and enigmas in their lives.

His synopsis of this interview: Here he [Zen] describes his life history, as an individual who has heard voices since childhood. Looking back over the decades, he concludes that this has largely been a positive experience — and has enabled him to explore many interior realms. However, at one time he was warned by a friendly psychiatrist that he should be very careful regarding those with whom he shares these inner experiences.

Hearing voices, like seeing craft in the sky, is as subjective as personal experience goes. FREE’s Beyond UFOs presents a variety of papers and statistics on experiencer responses, nearly 4,000, to a series of surveys. There is a speculative notion that non-human intelligence (ETs) has a way of creating illusions to keep us happy with results of what we hope to see, at least in regard to the non-physical sightings. Those remnants on the ground, whether burnt grass or crop circles is a different story.

For now, though, I’d like to go a little deeper into what we know about the ‘senses’ we have and their potential for revealing more than we anticipate at times.

Sensory Perception on Steriods?

Our external sight is limited by our ability to see, just the same as hearing and on hearing voices. It’s been said that if we have no internal reference from some past ‘visual’ that some things we simply cannot see. Peering into a ‘next level’ of bandwidth, so to speak, is something a few are able to do and yet most dismiss their accounts. I like to use an example, rather loosely comparing 10% of brain use with 5 senses. If we agree loosely, it could be possible that we have 45 more senses with the other 90% or our cranial capacity or brain power. It’s a simple ratio extrapolated.

In recent years the focus on consciousness has increased, not just in ufology, and offers some consideration for expanded awareness. In the past, the ‘clair-alls’ have gotten some attention – clairaudience (hearing), clairsentience (physical feeling), clairvoyance (seeing), claircognizance (knowing), clairgustance (tasting), clairempathy (emotions), clairtangency (touch) and clairsalience (smelling). So with those 8, let’s redo the ratio: 10:8 = 90:72. That’s an extraordinary number of possibilities if the logic stands. It certainly gives pause for consideration.

Then there is waking consciousness, altered consciousness, dream consciousness and no doubt more variations on those themes. Then there are the various brain waves – Delta (.5 – 4 Hz – deep sleep), Theta (4 – 7.5 Hz – light sleep or meditation), Alpha (7.5 – 14 Hz – deep relaxation), Beta (14 – 40 Hz – waking/reasoning) and finally Gamma (above 40 Hz – insight/peak performance). The Solfeggio frequencies also seem to have an effect on perception.

Where are we in those ranges when ‘contact’ happens? Do we know? Is that something we can study or just become more aware of the relative frequencies we perceive during such events? Is this exploration still something humanity is grappling with and unable to be vulnerable enough to talk about openly?

I find it interesting that hearing frequencies are associated with various levels of contact and interdimensional travel, as it were, either as a precursor or during the event. The most obvious for me during initial experiences being the lower ranges (perhaps Theta) and the low slow ‘pulse’ that has often accompanied such events for me… like a heartbeat that permeates everything in those moments. Over time and with continued communication development, the high pitched (upper Solfeggio) seem to be ever-present in the stillness, akin to the Shabda of Hindu persuasion… the ‘sound current’ of all life on Earth.

What I ponder more than wonder is the natural order and New World Order that rising awareness and consciousness seem to reveal. That experience is replete with representation across the electromagnetic spectrum as a system of infinite complexity and order that, once comprehended becomes a simple notion of Natural Order we are just beginning to explore, the congruence of things in space, time and consciousness tethered and tantalizing to the senses within our Being.

 

On the Spiritual Side – Who’s Running the Show

I’m so thrilled to see the writings of several folks who’ve stood up to explore the greater possibilities of contact and what it might mean for us all. It’s triggered some memories for me and I did a little digging. I’d like to share an article I wrote in 1988 back before the Internet. The article is from a local metaphysical newspaper called Krystal Lighten published in August of 1988.

My eldest daughter’s name happens to be Krystal, so the ‘coincidence’ was very special. She’s a grandmother now.  It was the first article I had published and I’ve included it here with typos corrected. Admittedly, it could be written better. The point is that it’s nearly 30 years ago and we’re just getting to this kind of consideration in Ufology now.

On the Spiritual Side

Who’s Running the Show?

Have you ever wondered just what is really going on in your life? Would you care to entertain some interesting thoughts about this subject? Are you willing to question your beliefs?

We, I’m not going to cause major heartburn, yet there are some very interesting ideas I would like to present to you for contemplation; ideas that have taken an entire lifetime to come to this point of consideration and explanation.

First of all, we, as a planet, have been visited by numerous exterrestrial investigators. Why are they not more communicative with our world? Could it be that we are still so barbarous that we are not worthy of being taken into their confidence?

It seems as though our philosophy has been that if we try to make contact and are not acknowledged, we automatically believe we should take aggressive action to capture or shoot down the object of our communication attempt. A prime example is the Iranian airliner incident.

However, could the purpose of their visits be to begin the process of preparations for our planet to enter into the scheme of universe activities?

Second, our brains are only functioning at minimum levels of efficiency. What is the rest of the capacity that is untapped used for and how do we access it? Could it be that we are all “tuned in” at a level that we are not consciously aware of yet?

It seems to be popular belief that those with great understanding, such as Einstein, have had more use of the recesses of the brain. What about those who have various psychic abilities? We presently have five known senses with the “psychic” senses grouped into possibly one more.

We have five or six senses with the use of 10% of our brains. Could we deduce that as many as 45 senses are available with the other 90% of our brain capacity?

Lastly, many discoveries have been made in genetic engineering in recent years. Just how much more do we not know about the purpose of our genetic makeup? Could we all have a genetic predisposition that presupposes our ego-driven realities?

Many feel the time is coming for the planet to evolve into the next phase of our existence. The “plan” has not yet fully been revealed yet many groups are working on bringing new approaches to our everyday lives.

But just who is going to be responsible for engineering the cohesive efforts of all the groups to achieve such an age of enlightenment? Is it just going to “happen”?

Could the genetic makeup of certain individuals be such that they would be able to efficiently engineer the beginnings of the “New World Order” and be able to lead the rest of the planet toward our rightful place in universe status?

A New Effort

We’ve reached out to several authors who are respected among peers to become contributing authors here on Ufology Press. We look forward to their participation and are sure you’ll find their articles insightful and investigative. Thanks for your attention.

So many years later, I’ve written a number of books as well. Two of them that are getting great responses are Cosmic Conundrum – Who Am I? and Stubbing My TOE on Purpose.